Monday, July 9, 2012

Bitch, whine and complain.

If you don't wanna hear it, feel free to skip.

At what point do you give up on the company you work for? I have been working PT since September of last year at a school. I like my job alright, it's really easy. However, I do dislike the pay and the fact that there are no benefits at all for PT employees. I've been trying to get on FT for a few months now. In that time, I have had TWO interviews for FT positions. I thought both interviews went OK, nothing spectacular but nothing terrible either. Both times, I have been passed over with no reason and no explanation at all.

It hurts. More than I would like to admit. I am very experienced as far as working in an office goes as well as customer service. My resume is beautiful and is formatted nice and easy to read.

I'm so over it. I'm to the point that I don't feel like I can just stick it out because I've been here for so long. I can't be loyal to people who have the inability to look out for their own. I don't feel like I can turn in another application or go to another interview for this place. I am sick of being here and not going anywhere. No where at all.

I think I'm going to try to get back into a restaurant somewhere. I have several years experience working various restaurant positions and I enjoyed it for the most part. When the economy tanked a couple of years ago, I left the restaurant business to get back into the office business for more consistent hours and pay.

"Knocked down seven times, stand up eight."

No comments:

Post a Comment