Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Another weekend gone, another week here too soon.

Blah! It's just been too hot to do really much of anything. I've been dying to go to the beach but it's just entirely too hot and to deal with the parking and the crowds... no thanks. Maybe we will make it out there one afternoon after everyone has packed up and gone for the day. One can hope! This weekend we did set the kids' pool up in the back yard. It is extremely lopsided so one side is like 6" deep and the other is like 2' deep. We will fix that later though.

We got a grill a few weeks ago... a steal of a deal if I may say so myself. Things like that happen in a military town though :) We cooked a pork loin on it one night last week and it was pretty good! Can't wait to throw some mojo chicken on there and some kabobs too. I've been dying for some kabobs for what feels like years but we never get around to it.

This week I have been focusing on getting everything lined up for school in the fall. If I have to sit out this semester because of financial aid, I'm going to be devastated. On top of that, I've been trying to tie down a second job but no dice as of yet. I'm going to keep at it though.

Speaking of school, the kids go back in a little over a month! I can't believe it. I will have two going to two separate schools and neither ride a bus so getting the schedule ironed out should be a lot of fun. I suppose we will start the back to school shopping soon. The kids and Steven will be going back to FL the week before school starts to do some shopping with his dad down there. The man hates me, but he does treat my kids rather well.

Anyways, nothing new here. Going to truck through this week and can't wait for the weekend to get here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment